Have you started shopping for the holidays yet, or do you know where you’re going to store gifts? A storage unit makes a great place to hide gifts for the holiday season! It will ensure that your gifts are not found, and that they are kept safe. You can even store your decorations after the holiday to free up some space! Here are some tips for storing your holiday gifts to make sure your holiday season is as smooth as possible.
Know gate hours
Unless you have prior arrangements confirmed with the manager, know the gate hours of your facility. If your gifts are being stored, you need to retrieve them from your unit during the designated hours. This also gives you time to plan ahead and have everything prepared for that special holiday tradition!
Be sure to store your items in a fashion that allows you to efficiently and quickly gather your gifts to take back to your house. Here are some tips on organizing your gifts:
- Re-use old boxes or containers
- Color code boxes, storage bins, or wrapping paper
- Label boxes with a smudge-proof marker
- Store same type of gifts together
- Store gifts for the same person together
- When storing light strings, wrap them around paper tubes from wrapping paper to prevent tangling
Protect gifts / decorations
Make sure your gifts stay safe by following these tips when choosing your unit and storing your presents:
- Keep climate control in mind
- Keep unit size in mind
- If storing fragile items, use bubble wrap / tissue paper
- Use leftover wrapping paper to further protect ornaments / decorations (shred it)
We’re here to help! Rent a storage unit today to prepare for the holiday season!