February 16, 2018
How A Storage Rental Helps While Staging Your Home
What is the first step when planning a move? Roslindale Self Storage is here to help you stage on a budget and store like a pro. When your family is growing or its time to downsize, a storage rental can make a huge difference. The space we provide not only secures your large items but also helps your worry less so you can find the right place.
Lighten and brighten
- Lighten your load by moving bookshelves into storage.
- Pack small items first; this is a fast way to make space fast.
- Check lights to make sure they are all working. Replace low wattage bulbs with at least a bulb 100 watts or higher.
- Let in as much natural light as possible by open blinds on sunny days.
Organizing while cleaning
- Clean every surfaces and be very detail oriented.
- Deep clean fabrics like curtains, couch cushions, and carpet to remove unwanted smells.
- Straighten up problem areas in your house by packing and storing everything.
- Since you are already cleaning make a note of any areas that need a repair or a little more attention.
- Do not forget the windows both inside and out. Clean off dirt so the natural light can come in.
- Cut grass on a regular basis.
- Move your scrap bins to the garage. If time allows, empty the scrap pile at the dump.
- Cut back bushes leaning against your house that could possibly be hiding the front.
- Stay up on the weeds in your garden during the spring and snow during the winter.
From interior ideas to exterior impressions, Roslindale Self Storage is here to help. A storage rental provides many families looking for a new home the peace of mind they need.